Because it can be a gross job, people often neglect to clean their gutters as often as they should. However, if you’re looking to avoid roof leaks and other costly damages to your home, then it’s essential to clean your gutters for yourself or to have them cleaned professionally every so often.
Usually, you should make sure that your gutters are cleared at least twice a year. A good rule of thumb is to get the debris out of your gutters whenever leaves or other types of foliage are falling from the trees near your house. However, additional gutter excavation may be necessary in the following situations:
- If a severe storm with strong winds has blown a lot of debris onto your roof
- If there are tree branches that hang over the roof of your home
- If your house is downwind of another property or establishment and collects excess debris from it
Though there is no set time frame for cleaning your gutters, it’s best to do so whenever debris seems to be piling up in them.
Keep Your Gutters Clean to Prevent Property Problems
By upholding regular gutter maintenance, you’ll prevent all of the follow issues from occurring on your property:
- When debris collects in your gutters, mosquitos, insects, birds, mice, and plants tend to take residence in the stagnant water. Gutter cleaning ensures that these critters and organisms will stay where they belong rather than hanging out on your roof.
- Gutter blockage can leave water with no place to go. In turn, the water may flow onto your driveway and sidewalks, causing the surfaces to crack, droop, and sag. In addition, this excess water can spell disaster in the winter by freezing and creating slippery walkways. Protect your home and your family by having your gutters cleared.
- Perhaps worst of all, clogged gutters can cause major roof and basement leaks. Save yourself money and stress by making sure that your gutters are free of debris that will stop the water from running through them.
By simply having the leaves, pine needles, and other debris removed from your gutters every so often, you can avoid many common home maintenance misfortunes.
Let Squeeky Clean Services Do the Dirty Work for You!
If you’re less than thrilled about standing on a ladder and removing wet debris from your gutters, let Squeeky Clean Services do it for you. We’ve been the trusted name in Philadelphia & Main Line gutter cleaning since 1986, and we’re ready to serve you! In addition to unclogging your gutters, we’ll also ensure that there are no other problems with your roof or gutters. To learn more about our Philadelphia and Main Line gutter cleaning services and to get a free estimate, simply give us a call at 215-836-9274.
Furthermore, check out our blog to learn more about why you should make gutter cleaning a priority as well as why you should never power wash your home yourself. Thanks for reading!